The SoftEdge™ Acquisition add-on extends our IonWizard Software into a full-featured, video-based cell length acquisition system. SoftEdge™ measures cell length via sophisticated, real-time contrast analysis of digitized image data. SoftEdge™ works seamlessly with our new MyoCam-S3 or the previously-offered MyoCam-S and analog MyoCam camera as well as select variable-field rate cameras to allow flexible edge detection. It provides integrated support for continuous cell length sampling at up to 500 measurements per second. For easy experiment setup, the SoftEdge™ Acquisition module provides on-screen display of live video and independent control of all edge parameters for both left and right edges.
How It Works
After the myocyte under investigation is centered in the video window, the user manipulates separate video lines for the cell’s left and right edges where the edge contrast is optimal. The video lines are stripped from the image and plotted, allowing their intensities to be interrogated. This plot may be further conditioned via an online derivative function to increase the signal to noise. The user then specifies a threshold value and a crossing condition. The computer then analyzes each video image and treats the crossing of the threshold value as the edge location. Both the left and right edges are scanned from the outside in to maximize edge detection.
- Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy in high-fat diet-induced obesity: role of suppression of forkhead transcription factor and atrophy gene transcription.
- Transient Analysis Features
- Mutech and RTD card installation for IW6
- G protein-coupled receptor kinase 2 ablation in cardiac myocytes before or after myocardial infarction prevents heart failure.
- Techniques and Best Practices for Cardiomyocyte Isolation
- The control of Ca2+ influx and NFATc3 signaling in arterial smooth muscle during hypertension.
- Overexpression of heat shock protein 27 protects against ischaemia/reperfusion-induced cardiac dysfunction via stabilization of troponin I and T.
- Sulfonylurea Receptor-Dependent and -Independent Pathways Mediate Vasodilation Induced by ATP-Sensitive K+ Channel Openers
- Leptin Attenuates Cardiac Contraction In Rat Ventricular Myocytes. Role of NO.
- Cell volume control in phospholemman (PLM) knockout mice: do cardiac myocytes demonstrate a regulatory volume decrease and is this influenced by deletion of PLM?
- Actin cytoskeletal modulation of pressure-induced depolarization and Ca(2+) influx in cerebral arteries.
- Abnormal Motility in Patients With Ulcerative Colitis: The Role of Inflammatory Cytokines
Note: This product is intended for research purposes only. It is not certified for clinical applications (including diagnostic purposes). Use of this product in uncertified applications is in violation of FDA regulations.